£58.50 – £117.00
Order your turkey and beat the Christmas rush. Order now and collect 22ndor 23rd December 2023.
All weights are approximate and we aim to meet the weight selected.
- Remove all packaging as soon as possible after collecting your turkey and store in a cool place, preferably at the bottom of your fridge. Remove and keep the giblets separately in a cool place.
- Remove the turkey from the fridge 2 hours before cooking, to allow to reach room temperature. If your turkey is trussed, it is best to remove the string before cooking.
- Avoid stuffing the main cavity as this stop the turkey cooking properly. Instead you may like to place an apple or peeled onion in the cavity.
- Place the giblets around the bird season and place the bird breast side down in the roasting tin. For Crowns keep the breast up.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºc (160º fan) Gas 4/5. For an Aga, use closest to these temperatures.
- After an hour of cooking turn the bird carefully on to its back to further cook and brown the breast.
- To avoid disappointment do not overcook your turkey. This can be avoided by either using a ‘pop up’ timer or meat thermometer – you are looking to achieve a temperature of around 68 degrees. Failing that test with a fork on the inside of the thigh when the juices run clear the bird is ready.
- After removing the turkey from the oven and before carving it, allow it to rest for 30-60 minutes. Do not cover.
4 – 8 people 4.5 -5 kg
8 -12 people 5.0 – 7.0kg
12-16 people 7.0 -9.0 kg
4kg, 4.5kg, 5kg, 5.5kg, 6kg, 7kg, 8kg, 9kg